The 6-Petal Diet was brought to the world by the Swedish nutritionist Anna Johansson, who spent years developing an effective program to lose weight in a short time. Following the proposed rules, they lose up to 2-5 kg in one 6-day cycle. It is worth noting that the diet is approved by the Association of Nutritionists as a nutritional program that has a beneficial effect not only on the metabolic rate, but also on the general condition of a person.
What the diet is based on
The system itself is a combination of 6 mono-diets. Duration of each 24 hours. It is necessary to adhere to the specified sequence, since otherwise even strict adherence to the diet will not bring any benefit.
In order not to get confused, Anna Johansson advises using the visual method - cut out a daisy from cardboard with 6 petals painted in different colors. The name of each day is written on the petals and the model is attached in a prominent place, for example, on the refrigerator door.
After finishing the daily mono-diet, the corresponding petal is torn off. Thus, the order cannot be confused. In addition, losing weight sees how much effort has already been made to lose weight, and this increases the psychological mood.
How the 6 Petal Diet Works
The effectiveness of the 6 Petals Mono-Diet is based on the characteristics of digestion.
There are several principles that allow you to part with the hated pounds:
- First of all, the effect is provided by the use of fasting days. This avoids mixing poorly matched foods and reduces the risk of fat accumulation. If you neglect this rule, the nutrients entering the body will not have time to digest, the metabolic rate will slow down and fat deposits will become inevitable.
- The body makes a kind of reserves of nutrients. Inventories are consumed as needed. If in the morning the body receives only fish, then it lacks some chemical elements spent on replenishing the energy balance. The fish is overcooked, but the intake of the necessary substances does not occur. As a result, you have to look for other sources of energy, which become fat stores. Typically, fat breakdown begins in the middle of the day.
- Another principle of the diet is based on the alternation of the intake of proteins and carbohydrates. It is believed that this approach provides 50% of the success of the diet, since it allows you to deceive the body, force it to break down fat, without feeling energy starvation. Of course, part of the fat comes along with the diet, but the same fish contains poly- and monounsaturated compounds that are digested by the body and are not deposited in the "storerooms".
Thus, six days on mono diets allow you to lose weight due to the breakdown of excess fat, without causing any discomfort to the body.
Sequence of "petals"
It is very important to stick to a diet plan. The first day of the petal diet is protein, followed by carbohydrate, followed by protein, etc.
The order of mono-diets recommended by the author:
- 1 - fish;
- 2 - vegetables;
- 3 - chicken;
- 4 - cereals;
- 5 - cottage cheese;
- 6 - fruit.
This selection is based on the performance of each individual product.
|Fishy||Prepares the body, saturates with omega-3 fatty acids and easily digestible proteins. The calorie content of the food is low, but there is no energy hunger|
|Vegetable||Reduces the calorie content of the daily diet, while enriching the body with plant-based carbohydrates. As a result, the expenditure of energy for digesting food exceeds the amount of incoming calories. Therefore, the body is forced to replenish energy by breaking down its own fat reserves|
|Chicken||Since the body did not receive animal protein last day, dietary meat eaten throughout the day is consumed to strengthen muscle tissue - no fat is deposited|
|Cereal||Difficult to digest as crops have a dense shell. Therefore, the body is forced to expend a lot of energy for digestion. And for this, inevitably, you have to turn to fat reserves, because the carbohydrates contained in cereals go to cover the deficiency of glycogen necessary for proper functioning|
|Curd||Minerals are lost during the diet. Curd contains a complex of elements that can fill the gap. In addition, the protein of the product is low in calories and is completely converted into amino acids during processing. Lacking glucose for energy production, the body again turns to fat stores|
|Fruit||The final day is characterized by the intake of polysaccharides, which are difficult to digest, which requires a significant amount of energy. To cope with difficult-to-digest components, the body draws additional energy by destroying adipose tissue|
An interesting detail: the author does not limit the amount of food consumed during the day. But usually nutritionists recommend eating no more than 500 g of fish, chicken and cottage cheese, 1500 g of vegetables and fruits and 200-300 g of dry cereals.
Basic Diet Rules
It is important not only to adhere to the correct order of fasting days, but also to cook and consume food correctly:
- Fish and meat are allowed to be boiled, cooked in a steam bath, baked.
- Vegetables are eaten raw, boiled and baked.
- During the "curd petal" you can drink milk with medium fat content.
- On any days of the diet unsweetened green tea, herbal infusions are drunk. On the last day, fresh juices are also consumed along with fruits.
- Dishes are prepared without both animal and vegetable oils. Give up sugar.
- They eat fractionally, in small portions, thoroughly chewing each bite.
- You don't drink food with liquid! Drinking is allowed only between meals.
With significant fat layers, you can not be limited to 1 course. It is allowed to resort to this method of losing weight 4 times at short intervals, for example, 1 week. When you want to lose weight as quickly as possible, take a break for 1 day, during which you can return to your usual food, excluding sweets and flour products from the diet.
If you need to get rid of decent body fat, the 4-course complex can be repeated a month after its completion.
Approximate menu and recipes for the 6-petal diet for a week
Diet may seem limited to some. But in fact, you can significantly diversify the menu by resorting to various recipes for cooking products.
- Diet fish with a fat content of 0. 2-4% - pike perch, tuna, pollock, ide, hake, trout.
- With an average fat and protein content of 4-8% - carp, pink salmon, sea bass, horse mackerel.
- With a fat content of 8% - salmon, halibut, eel, herring, mackerel, sturgeon.
You can combine dietary fish with fairly fatty fish throughout the day. The menu will be diversified with seafood - squid, mussels, shrimps.
|First breakfast 08. 00||Boiled, lightly salted fish with a little spices|
|Lunch at 11. 00||Baked with herbs and slightly salted|
|Lunch 14. 00||Fish soup and strong broth|
|Snack 17. 00||Steamed and spiced to taste|
|Dinner 20. 00||Lightly salted, boiled|
- Steamed. Fillet is slightly salted, placed in a double boiler, covered with parsley or dill.
- In the oven. Coat the fish with a mixture of crushed garlic, herbs and salt. Wrapped in foil and sent to the oven.
- Soup. Boil the fillet, grind with a blender, pour broth to the desired consistency. Season with herbs.
Fish broth and unsweetened green tea are allowed between meals.
Use a minimum of salt and seasoning for cooking. It is forbidden to fry the ingredients.
|First breakfast 08. 00||Chop 2 carrots on a medium grater|
|Lunch at 11. 00||Peeled tubers are boiled, pounded, diluted with potato broth until puree|
|Lunch 14. 00||Stew your favorite vegetables|
|Snack 17. 00||Bring to readiness on the steam bath|
|Dinner 20. 00||Consumed raw|
- In a deep frying pan, add chopped onions and grated carrots without adding oil. Tomatoes, eggplants and bell peppers are cut into cubes. Add vegetables to the container, add some water and salt. Stew until the ingredients are soft.
- Stew 500 g of chopped tomatoes. Add some pureed garlic and salt to the dish. After 10 minutes, add water - its volume depends on the desired consistency. Season with basil, interrupt with a blender.
- Broccoli is boiled in salted water along with herbs. The heads of cabbage are seasoned with lemon juice. Sprinkle with herbs.
Fresh vegetable juices and green unsweetened tea are used as drinks.
Pay attention to the fillet - this is the most dietary part of the chicken carcass. Before cooking, remove the skin from the meat, which contains a decent amount of fat. If this rule is neglected, there will be no benefit.
|First breakfast 08. 00||Boiled Breast|
|Lunch at 11. 00||Fillet wrapped in foil, flavored with seasonings, baked in the oven|
|Lunch 14. 00||Soup with a significant amount of meat and herbs. Flavored with spices|
|Snack 17. 00||Grilled|
|Dinner 20. 00||Boil fillet tidbits|
- Grind chicken breast, drive in an egg, salt. Mix the minced meat with chopped herbs. Small cutlets are formed, which are then steamed.
- Coat the fillets with a little salt, sprinkle generously with herbs. Wrapped in foil, baked in the oven.
- Cut meat into cubes or strips, lightly add some salt. Transfer to a frying pan, sprinkle with herbs. Stew for several minutes, adding a little water.
A glass of low-fat chicken broth is allowed to supplement the menu. It is recommended to drink green tea between meals.
The 6-petal cereal day involves a diet filled with cereals, cereal loaves, sprouted grains, and bran.
|First breakfast 08. 00||Boil sprouted wheat|
|Lunch at 11. 00||Buckwheat is cooked in water with spices and a little salt|
|Lunch 14. 00||Boiled rice. It is better to take non-steamed cereals, since it contains more useful trace elements|
|Snack 17. 00||Oatmeal cooked in water. It is allowed to add 50 g of seeds or nuts|
|Dinner 20. 00||Buckwheat porridge flavored with herbs|
- Sorted and well washed buckwheat is boiled in salted water. Grind with a blender, adding herbs. Cutlets are formed from the mass, which are brought to readiness in the oven.
- Oatmeal is steamed with boiling water, insisted for a quarter of an hour. Walnuts or prunes are added to the porridge to taste.
- For 150 g of oatmeal, take 1 tbsp. low fat milk. Vanilla and slaked soda are added to the composition at the tip of a knife. Cookies are formed from the swollen mixture, which are baked in the oven.
The menu will be diversified with herbal teas and homemade kvass.
If pure cottage cheese is not interesting, season the ingredient with low-fat sour cream, cinnamon. You cannot sweeten the product.
|First breakfast 08. 00||Cottage cheese with a fat content of up to 5%. You can season with natural yoghurt that does not contain sweeteners, dyes, preservatives|
|Lunch at 11. 00||Soften the "density" of the product with a small amount of low-fat milk|
|Lunch 14. 00||Just curd|
|Snack 17. 00||Repeat Lunch Dish|
|Dinner 20. 00||Naked curd|
- 1 egg and 1 tbsp are mixed with a pack of low-fat cottage cheese. l. semolina. Knead the mass well, form small cakes. Each of them is dipped in a mixture of cinnamon and semolina. They are baked in the oven.
- Knead 1 pack of cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. l. semolina, 5 tbsp. l. yoghurt. Add raisins, cinnamon or vanilla to taste. The dough is divided into pieces, cooked in a double boiler.
- Grind cottage cheese and half a cup of ready-made coffee with a blender. Beat until a delicious foam is obtained.
During breaks they drink green tea, 1 glass of milk is allowed.
Eat both raw and in the form of smoothies, salads. It is advisable not to put too much on bananas and grapes, which contain a lot of sugar. Citrus fruits and apples should be eaten more, which contain a significant amount of fiber.
|First breakfast 08. 00||2 red apples. Small cup of coffee allowed|
|Lunch at 11. 00||1 banana|
|Lunch 14. 00||Orange with grapes|
|Snack 17. 00||Kiwi with pineapple|
|Dinner 20. 00||2 green apples|
- Cut pineapple and mango, interrupt with a blender. Add mint leaves to the smoothie.
- Grind raspberries, sprinkle with mashed potatoes with sugar.
- Favorite fruits are cut into cubes and mixed. Season the salad with lemon juice and 1 liter. natural honey.
Supplement the menu with green tea and fruit juices. It is best to avoid physical activity on the last day.
Quitting the diet
Unfortunately, after completing the dietary course, those who lose weight begin to lean on prohibited foods, as a result of which the weight lost with such difficulty quickly returns.
To avoid this, you need to leave the diet smoothly, gradually adding other ingredients to the diet. It is important in the early days to avoid confectionery, flour, fried foods, fatty foods. Physical activity will support weight loss.
The diet has a number of contraindications:
- stomach ulcer;
- kidney disease;
- chronic liver pathologies;
- diabetes mellitus;
- cardiovascular problems;
- pregnancy, breastfeeding.
You should not resort to a dietary diet for diseases involving a strict diet.
Compared to most "6 petal" diets, it is considered advantageous, since a person losing weight does not feel hungry. However, before contacting her, you should consult with your doctor to identify possible contraindications.