Pancreatitis is a complex disease associated with dysfunction of the pancreas. Along with drug treatment, the patient is recommended diet 5, which prohibits or restricts the use of a number of products that contribute to the exacerbation of the pathology. Due to the emergence of new forms of the disease, nutritionists continue to work on improving the diet.
Pros of diet for pancreatitis
The pancreas produces enzymes that are released into the duodenum to help digest food. With pancreatitis, due to such provoking factors as alcohol abuse, exacerbation of gallstone disease, outflow of pancreatic juice does not occur, and enzymes begin to act directly on the gland, i. e. self-digestion process starts.
The disease is characterized by acute pain in the area of the gland, accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Table 5 excludes hard-to-digest foods to relieve the inflamed organ.
If the patient does not follow the diet, salty and fatty foods irritate the gastric mucosa and increase the acidity level, and since the gland does not work in full, the food is poorly and takes a long time to digest, the patient's well-being worsens.
Some patients suffer from a shortage of tasty, but unhealthy foods that can not be completely ruled out, once you learn how to cook them properly.
The causes of the disease are very different, but mainly they are associated with malnutrition: fasting, dieting, fatty and spicy foods, poisoning, alcohol consumption, and other inflammatory diseases - for example, gastritis, cirrhosis of the liver. Sometimes hormonal disorders, infections, heredity contribute to pancreatitis. Most often, the disease occurs in middle and old age, so you need to carefully monitor your diet at this time and avoid illness.
People at risk for this disease, as well as those who are sick, are forced to observe a number of dietary restrictions. Otherwise, the defective, inflamed gland cannot cope with the load, narrowing of the ducts and stagnation of juice occur, the organ begins to digest itself.
Cons of diet for pancreatitis
The need to constantly monitor your diet and the ban on many foods can be psychologically depressing for the patient. With a different type of food from relatives, you have to cook for yourself separately, and each violation of the prohibition can cause an exacerbation of the disease, which is manifested by abdominal pain, bloating, belching, vomiting and diarrhea. With the regular use of prohibited foods, it is possible to develop a chronic form of pancreatitis, which causes general ill health, digestive problems, anemia, and weight loss.
Pancreatitis food table
In addition to drug therapy, the most important part of treatment is adherence to a strict diet to avoid exacerbations of the disease. Drugs alone are not enough if the wrong food provokes inflammation of the pancreas.
In the acute stage of the disease, a person must be hospitalized and, under the supervision of doctors, he does not eat at all for several days. In the chronic form of pancreatitis and in the remission stage, everything is aimed at reducing the load on the organ, which means that all food is light and dietary. A lifelong diet is mandatory.
The products and menus given below are designed for the period of remission, since in the acute form and during its termination, doctors strictly monitor the nutrition of each patient. After the acute stage, the doctor advises how to gradually start eating, in what volumes.
How to prevent the development of acute pancreatitis?
Gallstone disease is one of the main causes of acute pancreatitis. If you eat a lot of fatty foods and exercise little movement, excess cholesterol is formed in the blood, which is excreted in the bile. When there is too much cholesterol in the bile produced by the liver, stones form in the gallbladder. Therefore, a balanced diet helps to reduce the risk of developing gallstone disease and pancreatitis at the same time. If you want to lose weight, do it gradually. When you lose weight suddenly, your liver produces more cholesterol, which also increases your risk of gallstones.
In addition to diet, quitting smoking, drinking small doses of alcohol or giving up on it will help prevent pancreatitis.
Diet for chronic pancreatitis
Diet is one of the means of complex therapy for chronic pancreatitis and prevention of its exacerbations, both in Russian and in foreign practice. Dietary recommendations for chronic pancreatitis are made individually, taking into account the type and severity of the underlying disease and the presence of concomitant diseases. In case of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, use a sparing diet No. 5p.
General rules of the "5th table" diet
Nutritionist and gastroenterologist M. I. was the developer of a complex of diets for patients with various diseases. Pevzner, who outlined the list of permitted and prohibited foods for each disease.
Characteristics of the Pevzner diet "Table number 5" is as follows:
- Eating normal protein and carbohydrate foods
- Reduction or complete rejection (depending on the degree of pathology) from fat-containing foods.
- The use of boiling, stewing, roasting when cooking. Ingredients with a lot of fiber should be rubbed or finely chopped.
- Ban on the use of cold foods (jellied, jelly, ice cream, etc. ).
- Avoiding foods high in oxalic acid, purines.
- Moderate salt intake.
You need to eat 5 times a day in small portions. In the morning, before breakfast, it is recommended to drink a glass of water.
In chronic cholecystitis, the following food intake rules are observed:
- Eat at the same time at least 5 times a day to stimulate bile flow.
- Take more than 700 g of food at a time, per day - no more than 3. 5 kg.
- Drink about 2 liters of liquid per day (including lemon tea)
- Exclude foods containing complex carbohydrates.
- Boil or steam food.
- Don't eat too hot food.
The 5p diet is a variation of Table 5 and is recommended for diseases of the gallbladder and pancreas.
Features of the diet:
- do not overeat or starve, eat by the hour;
- do not use spices and seasonings when cooking;
- restrict simple fats;
- include permitted fruits and vegetables in the main diet;
- exclude fried foods altogether.
After removal of the gallbladder
In case of removal of the gallbladder, it is necessary to adhere to diet 5a, the features of which are:
- minimizing fat intake;
- chopping ready meals (cutting them into small cubes, grating, or grinding in a blender);
- excluding mushrooms, oily fish and meat, legumes from the diet;
- ban on ready-made store sauces (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, horseradish, adjika);
- eating boiled vegetables
Pancreatitis food table
The diet provides clear guidelines on what to eat and what not. It is necessary to strictly adhere to the table of permitted and prohibited products, without allowing indulgences.
The table of recommended foods and meals for exacerbation and chronic pancreatitis is as follows:
|Drinks||Tea, rosehip decoction, dried fruit compote, fruit drink, jelly, juice diluted with water|
|Soup||Cabbage soup, borscht, milk, with cereals|
|Groats||Buckwheat, pearl barley, millet, oatmeal, muesli, rolled oats, boiled rice with small pieces of dried fruit|
|Meat and fish||Rabbit, lean pork, beef, chicken, turkey, hake, pollock, cod, salmon, pike perch, seafood (oysters, mussels, squid)|
|Bakery||Bran, wheat bread, rusks, unsweetened dry biscuits|
|Dairy||Low-fat sour cream, yogurt, yogurt|
|Vegetables||Potatoes, seaweed, tomatoes, asparagus beans, beets, carrots, pumpkin, squash|
|Fruit||Prunes, watermelon, apples|
|Oil||Creamy (no more than 15 g per day), vegetable (up to 20 g per day)|
|Eggs||Quail-2 pcs., chicken-1 half yolk per day|
|Snacks & Salads||Low-fat slightly salted herring, squash game, boiled vegetable salads, fruit salads, sauerkraut|
|Sauces and Condiments||Salt (limited), dill, parsley, vanillin, cinnamon|
|Sweets||Gingerbread, jam, marmalade, nougat, jam, lollipops, unflavored caramel|
Fully or partially limited products
The table lists dishes and foods that are prohibited in case of dysfunction of the pancreas:
|Drinks||Soda and lemonade, green tea, chicory, coffee, cocoa, alcohol (categorically)|
|Soup||Ukha, mushroom, pea, bean, sorrel or spinach cabbage soup, okroshka|
|Meat and fish||Liver products, smoked meats, fatty fish and meat, crab sticks|
|Bakery products and pastries||Patties, rolls, donuts, pastries, cakes, pancakes, fresh bread|
|Dairy||Fatty sour cream, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk, kefir, cream, cheese|
|Vegetables||Onions, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, any greens (except dill and parsley), cucumbers, radishes, eggplants, corn|
|Fruit||Orange, grapefruit, ginger, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds|
|Fat and Oil||Unrefined butter, ghee|
|Snacks||Sausages, olives, olives, pickled vegetables|
Some foods can only be eaten in small quantities and no more than 2 times a week. These include boiled sausages, bananas, pomegranates, candied fruits, nuts, soy sauce.
Pancreatitis Diet Weekly Menu
The weekly menu is compiled by the patient independently, taking into account the severity of the disease. Dishes should only be prepared with approved ingredients. Some people find it difficult to compose a menu, so nutritionists recommend using an approximate one, and then adjusting it, guided by your own preferences.
|Day of the week||Breakfast||2nd breakfast||Lunch||Afternoon snack||Dinner|
|Monday||Oatmeal in water, bread with butter, tea with lemon||Baked apple||Rice and egg soup, fish steamed cakes, mashed potatoes, fresh berry compote||Yoghurt, biscuits||Cottage cheese casserole, rosehip decoction|
|Tuesday||Semolina porridge on water (use jam instead of sugar), tea||Fresh pear||Cabbage soup, steamed chicken cutlets, boiled pasta||Omelet||Minced Rice Casserole|
|Wednesday||Cottage cheese casserole with raisins, tea with lemon||Mandarin||Buckwheat soup, boiled beef with sour cream sauce, boiled carrot salad||Semolina porridge with jam||Roast with beef or lean pork|
|Thursday||Steamed omelet, boiled beet salad, tea||Banana||Borsch, pumpkin casserole with minced chicken||Raw carrot salad with low-fat sour cream||Vinaigrette, baked chicken fillet|
|Friday||Cottage cheese pancakes with sour cream, tea||Baked Apple||Pearl barley soup, fish cakes, buckwheat porridge||Yoghurt, diluted carrot juice||Fish baked with vegetables and sour cream, dried fruit compote|
|Saturday||Millet porridge on water, tea||Watermelon||Pasta soup, beef meatballs with egg and sour cream sauce||Fat-free cottage cheese||Lazy cabbage rolls without tomato paste, fruit drink|
|Sunday||Hercules porridge, a slice of stale bread with jam, tea||Banana||Cabbage soup, steamed chicken or beef patties||Cherry dumplings||Vegetable stew, boiled chicken|
Having drawn up an approximate menu for a week, it is imperative to familiarize the attending physician with its contents, who can amend it taking into account the complexity of the course of the disease.
How long to eat on diet 5
Diet # 5 should be started gradually. If, within 5 days, the body normally perceives the dishes provided for by the therapeutic diet, then the course is automatically extended for the period necessary for complete recovery.
Diseases of the pancreas and gallbladder are characterized by long periods of treatment, and all this time it is necessary to follow the recommended diet (about 1. 5-2 years). People who have had their gallbladder removed will have to stop eating prohibited foods forever.
In case of gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, it is necessary to exclude the preparation of dishes by the method of frying food. Menu should include boiled, stewed or steamed food.
It is recommended to wipe cooked food through a sieve or chop it with a knife. Food should be neither hot nor cold.
Recipes for dishes for the 5th table with pancreatic pancreatitis
Many people are of the opinion that the diet includes only lean, tasteless dishes, but this is not at all the case. The permitted products can be used to prepare delicious and exotic dishes, it only takes a little more effort and time.
Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
- zucchini - 1 kg;
- potatoes - 0. 5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 20 g;
- carrots - 1 pc. ;
- bay leaf;
- Put carrots and bay leaves in boiling salted water, cook for half an hour.
- Strain the resulting broth, discard the carrots.
- Peel and peel the zucchini, cut into small cubes and place in a frying pan with hot oil, fry on 2 sides for 5 minutes.
- Add finely chopped potatoes, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Dip the stewed vegetables into the broth and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind vegetables with a blender.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley before serving.
- beets - 2 pcs. (large);
- cabbage - 0. 5 head of cabbage;
- potatoes - 5 pcs. ;
- carrots - 1 pc. ;
- bay leaf;
- Heat some sunflower oil in a frying pan, add peeled and coarsely grated beets, simmer until soft.
- Place a pot of water on the stove.
- When the liquid has boiled, add diced carrots, bay leaves, and a little salt.
- Boil the soup for about half an hour, then strain.
- Put beets in the finished broth.
- Finely chop the cabbage and add to the saucepan.
- Peel, chop and add potatoes to vegetables.
- Cook the borscht for about an hour.
- Add dill.
Soup can be sweetened slightly if desired.
Potato soup with oatmeal
To prepare it you will need:
- chicken broth - 2 l;
- potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- Hercules - 1 tbsp. ;
- salt and herbs to taste.
- Pour finely chopped potatoes into boiling chicken broth.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes after boiling.
- Add rolled oats, mix.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped dill over the finished soup.
Boiled meat with young potatoes
- beef - 0. 5 kg (if the dish is prepared for children, it is better to use chicken);
- young potatoes - 1 kg;
- Boil the meat in whole piece in salted water.
- Remove and cut the beef into portions.
- Wash the young potatoes, fold the pan without peeling, cover with cold water and put on fire.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water, peel the tubers and mash them.
- Sprinkle finely chopped dill (parsley) over the dish.
- Place a serving of potatoes and a chunk of meat on a plate.
- Pour melted butter over a dish.
Cabbage rolls with rice and boiled meat
- cabbage - 1 head of cabbage;
- rice - 1 tbsp. ;
- boiled meat - 0. 5 kg;
- Dip the head of cabbage in hot water for a few minutes.
- Disassemble it into inflorescences, beat off or cut off thick stems.
- For the filling, boil the rice, add finely chopped or minced meat into it, salt, mix everything.
- Wrap the resulting mass in cabbage leaves.
- Place cabbage rolls in a deep saucepan, add water and simmer for 1-1. 5 hours.
- Sprinkle herbs over the finished dish.
Steamed meat cutlets with milk sauce
- For minced meat, mince 0. 5 kg of beef.
- Add 2 slices of white bread soaked in milk, salt.
- Mix everything thoroughly, form cutlets and steam.
- Place the cutlets in a greased dish.
- 2 st. l. flour to dissolve in 0. 5 tbsp. milk and put on fire.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until it becomes thick sour cream.
- Pour the cutlets with sauce and bake in a hot oven for 5-7 minutes.
Boiled fish with white sauce
- lean fish fillet - 0. 5 kg;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- milk - 5 tbspl. ;
- egg - 1 pc. (better quail);
- butter - 10 g;
- salt, herbs.
- Boil the fish fillet in salted water until tender.
- Drain the water, cut the fish into portions.
- Mix flour with milk and cook until thick.
- Add melted butter and whisk everything.
- Pour the sauce over the boiled fish and garnish with parsley and dill.
You will need the following items to cook:
- fresh apples - 1 kg;
- potato starch - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar to taste.
Prepare a dish like this:
- Bake fruit in the oven, peel and grind with a blender.
- In a deep bowl, stir the starch and water so that there are no lumps.
- Put a saucepan on the fire, add 2 liters of water, put applesauce.
- When the mixture boils, pour in the diluted starch in a thin stream, stirring constantly the syrup.
- Boil the syrup for 5-10 minutes, add sugar.
Sour milk jelly
- curdled milk - 2 tbsp. ;
- sugar - 120 g;
- vanillin - pinch;
- gelatin - 15 g
- Soak gelatin in cold water for half an hour, then strain.
- Pour some water into a saucepan, add sugar and vanillin, let the mixture boil.
- Add the swollen gelatin to the boiling water and, stirring constantly with a spoon, wait until it is completely dissolved.
- Cool the syrup, mix with curdled milk and pour into molds.
- Put the mixture in the cold to set.
This dish is suitable for a children's menu for gastrointestinal diseases.
Carrot and apple salad
The dish is prepared like this:
- Peel, wash and grate 2 carrots.
- Peel and finely chop the apples.
- Mix the ingredients, add salt and sugar to taste.
- Season with a little low-fat sour cream.
It is impossible to cope with pancreatitis and other thyroid or gallbladder conditions with medication alone. Along with therapeutic measures, diet must be followed. Taking into account all the recommendations of doctors, even the most advanced stages of the disease in adults go away within 1. 5-2 years.
If any dish in the menu proposed by the nutritionist is negatively perceived by the body, you should immediately inform the doctor, who will adjust the diet taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.